1986-1993 Ford 5.0 Mustang Tuner Kits
1986-1993 Ford 5.0 Mustang Tuner Kits
- Our Mustang system features our ultra-efficient V-3 compressor. Continual development in our test lab resulted in the Si model, which achieves a peak adiabatic efficiency of 78% [SAE J1723 standard]. The "i" stands for improved and with its new, patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 Si literally blows away the competition. High efficiency means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability. All V-3 series superchargers have a self-contained lubrication system that makes installation fast and easy. The entry-level system uses the lower boost V-3 SCi.
- For the Fox body Mustangs, Vortech uses an air-to-water charge cooler system to minimize pressure loss. Unlike the air-to-air systems for this application, that send charge air on a long trip through several bends plus a long cooler core, the charge air does not travel any further than the non-cooled version, so there is virtually no boost loss. Charge cooling means cooler, denser air that yields more power and reduces the detonation threshold while allowing higher boost options.
- Vortech offers a bargain priced entry-level supercharger systems that allow you to build and improve as your budget allows. Upgrades can be matched to meet your end goal whether street scene or all out racer.
- Superior Technology
- Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
- Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decreases.
- Available Supercharger Finishes
- Multiple kit finishes available. For that fully integrated look, V-3 Si 7-9 PSI 5.0 Mustang systems are available in stylish black finish. Satin and Polished units are also available.
- 5-6 PSI Entry-Level Systems
- The entry level 5-6 PSI, V-3 SCi model is perfect for the budget minded enthusiast. The system can be upgraded later to higher output systems.
- 7-9 PSI Systems
- These systems include the choice of the V-2 or V-3 Si with helical cut gear set, or the V-1 Ti compressor capable of up to 950 HP (depending on your modifications and custom tuning).
- 7-9 PSI High-Output (H.O.) Charge Cooled Systems
- The V-3 Si and V-1 Ti systems are also available in high-output charge cooled models (with air/water charge cooler).
- Tuner Kits
- Tuner kits with the V-2 Si, V-3 Si, and V-1 Ti are also available for modified vehicles that require higher output fuel components and/or custom tuning.
- V-3 Systems: No Oil Lines Necessary
- Systems that include the V-3 internally lubricated supercharger do not require a connection between the oil pan and gearcase (V-1 and V-2 systems are engine oil fed and require oil lines).
- System Components and Features
- - Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in our SAE J1723 compliant supercharger test cell.
- - Cast aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idler, drive belt and all hardware.
- - Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps.
- - High-flow bypass valve provides for surge-free compressor operation (except entry-level).
- - Complete bolt-on system including all necessary belts, pulleys and reusable high-flow air filter.
- Upgrades, Accessories and Spare Parts
- - Battery relocation kit: 8N150-010. All charge-cooled systems for the '86-'93 Mustang require the battery relocation kit (sold separately).
- - Supercharger Compressor Upgrades
- - Supercharger Drive Pulleys
- - Supercharger Drive Upgrade Pulley Packages (with Underdrive and Non-UnderdriveAccessories), and 35mm Cog Drive upgrade packages.
- - Fuel rails, Fuel pumps and system upgrades.
- - Fuel Management Units and Super FMU
- - Ignition Upgrade with Boost Timing Master
- - Bypass and Blowoff Valves
- - Charge Cooler Systems
- - Hardware kit: 4FA100-001 includes replacement bolts and other hardware for supercharger mounting.
- CARB Compliance
- Tuner Kits are NOT CARB legal, and are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only). Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S Law regarding motor vehicle emissions.
- Multiple system options for this application available. Installation time varies by system.
- INSTALLATION MANUAL
- Warranty Information:
3-Year Supercharger Limited Warranty
No POWER ADDER company produces more products for the '86 - '93 Fox Body Mustang than Vortech. For more than 20 years, we have demonstrated our product leadership with our wide range of super-efficient centrifugal superchargers. From complete, 50-state emissions-legal, 6-psi starter systems to full-blown (literally) 2000+ horsepower V-20 series superchargers, Vortech has you covered.
Vortech's Fox Body Mustang Systems are available as either a complete, fully calibrated bolt on, or as tuner kits for custom installations at 2000+HP. We offer several Superchargers to choose from for your Tuner or Renegade Racer system. See the supercharger page or call the Vortech tech line for assistance. The engine oil lubricated V-2 supercharger is the preferred unit for sustained boost such as circuit road racing; also, a dedicated oil cooler and/or filter can be fitted.