Universal Chevrolet Small Block Carbureted Tuner Kits
Universal Chevrolet Small Block Carbureted Tuner Kits
- These Universal Small Block Chevy Carbureted Systems feature our ultra efficient Si, Ti, or YSi compressor. Continual development in our test lab resulted in these models, which reach a peak adiabatic efficiency of 78% (SAE J1723 standard). The "i" stands for improved, and the unparalleled efficiency and output of these units literally blows away the competition. High efficiency means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability, which translates into many years of trouble-free boost.
- Superior Technology
- Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
- Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decreases.
- Product Details
- This is a revised "universal" supercharging system designed for vehicles equipped with carbureted small block Chevrolet engines. Horsepower gains depend on boost levels, engine efficiency, etc., but can range from 30-75%. It offers improved application flexibility, increased supercharger mount rigidity, and simple integration with existing OEM drive configurations. Installation time will also vary depending on application, but can range from 4-10 hours. This system has been verified to fit on 1970-1973 Camaro/Firebird (w/cowl hood), 1964-1972 Chevelle and 1955-1957 Sedan (BelAir/210 etc.) and 1968-1973 Nova/Chevy II.
- These systems are available with several supercharger head units, to meet with whatever your ultimate power goals may be. The V-2 Si features a helical gear set and will support applications up to 775HP. The V-1 Ti Supercharger features a heavy-duty, straight-cut gear set and will support applications up to 950HP. The V-7 YSi features a heavy duty gear set and will support applications up to 1,200HP. For applications beyond 1,200HP, please contact the Vortech Sales Department for appropriate compressor matching.
- Tuner Kits
- Tuner Kits for these Universal Systems do not include the Carburetor Enclosure box, and are designed for those who wish to run aftermarket EFI, or alternate carburetor box/bonnet/hat options.
- Complete Systems
- Complete Systems are also available for these applications, which include the Vortech Maxflow Carburetor Enclosure Box. Cast aluminum carburetor enclosure assembly is designed for use with Holley #4150, Quickfuel Q-750-BAN, or Demon 750 MD carburetor. The enclosure pressurizes the float bowls and throttle shafts for seamless response. It features front and rear -8 AN fuel inlet ports as well as multiple locations for pressure/vacuum connections. Linkage arms, splined shaft, and left/right hand spherical rod ends are included for simple throttle connection and adjustment. Carburetor studs are also supplied.
- System Components and Features:
- - Horsepower gains, depending on boost levels, engine volumetric efficiency and other factors, range from 30% to more than 75%.
- - Vortech gear driven supercharger for unmatched reliability.
- - Supplied Belt/Pulley ratio will produce approximately 8-10 psi at 5500 rpm on a mildly modified 350 cubic inch motor (V-2 Si systems).
- - Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in Vortech's supercharger test cell to meet SAE J1723 Standard.
- - Oil feed and oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, even under sustained boost conditions.
- - Cast aluminum mounting bracketry with all necessary hardware. Utilizes 3/8" thick nickel plated steel for rigid supercharger attachment.
- - Inlet and discharge duct connection utilize-heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps. 10-rib, 6061-T6 billet aluminum supercharger crank pulley with hard anodize finish (6" diameter) and pulley spacer.
- - Integrated manual belt tensioner assembly with dual bearing tensioner pulley.
- - High-flow, reusable air filter.
- Upgrades and Accessories
- - 10-Rib Supercharger Drive Pulleys
- - 10-Rib Crank Pulleys
- - Bypass and Blowoff Valves
- - Power Steering Pump Mount Assembly
- - Maxflow Carburetor PowerHats
- - Maxflow Carburetor Enclosure Boxes
- Installation time is rated at 6-8 hours.
- INSTALLATION MANUAL
- CARB Compliance
- These Systems are NOT CARB legal, and are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only). Installation of this part on an emissions controlled vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S Law regarding motor vehicle emissions.
This is a revised "universal" supercharging system designed for vehicles equipped with carbureted small block Chevrolet engines. Horsepower gains depend on boost levels, engine efficiency, etc., but can range from 30-75%. It offers improved application flexibility, increased supercharger mount rigidity and simple integration with existing OEM drive configurations. Installation time will also vary depending on application, but can range from 4-10 hours. This system has been verified to fit on 1970-1973 Camaro/Firebird (w/cowl hood), 1964-1972 Chevelle and 1955-1957 Sedan (BelAir/210 etc.) and 1968-1973 Nova/Chevy II.
Note - Carbureted Tuner Kits do not include Vortech Carburetor Enclosure Box, which a similar box or hat must be sourced separately. Vortech PowerHat also available for purchase separately.